For 50 years the Neumann U 87 has been a staple in just about every professional recording facility on the planet. Neumann is celebrating the anniversary of this legendary studio microphone with a very special limited edition, the Neumann U 87 Rhodium Edition - a microphone that looks as classy as it sounds.
The U 87 is one of the most versatile microphones in any mic locker, excellent for recording vocals, acoustic instruments, drum overheads and toms, room microphones, and more. Almost all the great names in music have worked with a U 87 in some capacity.
Once you have seen Rhodium, you will forget about all other precious metals. Rhodium reflects light more than any other precious metal, and is rarer than gold. The chemical process to extract Rhodium is so expensive that the annual world production would fit under a living room table. The combined design of classy and rugged is the perfect way to celebrate the 50th birthday of the U87. The Rhodium U87 will surely stand out and impress the musicians and producers in a session.
Only 500 units will be distributed worldwide which are individually numbered and certified. Get yours today before they sell out!
- U 87 Ai Microphone - Rhodium Edition
- EA 87 Elastic Suspension - Rhodium Edition
- Neumann Aluminum Case - Rhodium Edition
- Numbered certificate of authenticity signed by Wolfgang Fraissinet, President - Neumann Headquarters, Berlin
- 1 Pair of black gloves
The Neumann U 87 Rhodium Edition is a very limited edition with only 500 available worldwide. Order yours today!
- Length: 200 mm
- Diameter: 56 mm
- Unit Weight: 500 g
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight, Omni-Directional
- Number of Microphones: Single Microphone
- Impedance: Rated: 150 Ohms / Rated load: 1 kOhm
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- input_pad: -10 dB
- Sensitivity: Cardioid: -31.1 dBV/Pa (28 mV) / Omni: -34 dBV/Pa (20 mV) / Bi: -33.2 dBV/Pa (22 mV)
- Max. SPL: 117 dB; 127 dB with pad
- Package Contents: