With abundant power and versatile connections, the R6 delivers peace of mind for engineers who demand a higher degree of confidence in their 500 series racks.
Power You Can Trust
Power-wise, the R6 has more than 150% the required current for a 6-space chassis to prevent the power rails from failing under a higher-than-expected load. To help monitor and troubleshoot problematic modules, the R6 is equipped with LED current metering to show how much power is being used. The internal power supply itself has been carefully designed and double-shielded to avoid significant magnetic induction in any of the channel positions. With such attention to providing and monitoring power, the R6 helps your modules realize their fullest potential.
Connect Like Never Before
With a plethora of connections available, the R6 backpanel is practically a patchbay on its own. The R6 features 8 channels of balanced I/O options including DB-25, XLR and TRS that may be used interchangeably. This versatility is especially handy when you are taking the R6 with you to another environment where you are unsure of the cables available, or if you need to convert DB-25, XLR or TRS connections to another format using the THRU functionality on channels 7-8.
Solid Steel Construction
The chassis is comprised of solid steel with bumpers to support the unit in both horizontal and vertical configurations, and features a collapsable handle for portability. All connectors and fittings are of the highest quality to ensure that the R6 will hold up to many years of use.
A New Level of Confidence in the 500 Series
Because the R6 is built to 500 series specifications, it will work flawlessly with any properly-designed 500 series module you wish to include in it. To help accommodate modules that are slightly out of spec, the R6 has variable-position screw holes to help make the installation process as smooth as possible. The 500 series link function can be enabled in pairs on the R6 using the link jumpers on Channels 1-2, 3-4, or 5-6. Matching blank panels are also available to cover any empty slots.
If you want to get the very best performance out of your 500 series modules, the Rupert Neve Designs R6 is the serious rack for the serious sound you want.
- Massive Connectivity - Interchangeable XLR, TRS, and DB-25 I/O connections are provided to ensure that you can connect wherever you go with the backpanel patchbay
- Serious Power - Even with modules that overdraw the 500 series specification, the R6 has the reserve power to maintain the voltage
- Power Monitoring - An LED Meter monitors the R6 current usage to ensure that you never run short on power. This meter can also be useful for troubleshooting a module that is severely overdrawing its allotment
- Channel 7-8 Thru Conversion - The channel 7-8 thru connections can be used as a way to quickly and easily convert your signal from/to DB-25, XLR, and TRS connectors
- 48V Phantom Supply - Provide rock-solid phantom power to your microphones with the R6’s robust 48V buss
- “Built For The Road” Frame - A solid steel enclosure, two sets of rugged rubber feet for horizontal and vertical mounting and a collapsible handle make the R6 completely portable and ready for the road
- DC Voltage to Units: +/-16VDC and +48VDC for phantom power
- Max Current: 1000mA for modules, 150mA for 48V phantom power
- Power Requirements: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 50 Watts
- Weight: 9.5lbs
- Dimensions: 13” long x 7.5”wide x 5.5” high