PRECIO PROMOCIONAL BLACK FRIDAY - Solo hasta agotar existencias.
NO ACUMULABLE CON PROMO BUEN FIN
Raising The Volume
A lot of preamps on the market do a good job of raising the volume of mics and instruments. Unfortunately,
many pres are doing only that, raising volume. The “Super Clean” and neutral designs of today often leave
the signal exiting the preamp sounding much the same as it did entering it, and in some cases even thinner,
duller, or more harsh. The WA12 MKII has a sound that is unique, big, punchy, and forgiving; a perfect
antidote to the modern digital age. The WA12 MKII boasts large, custom-wound CineMag USA input and
output transformers, as well as our original Warm Audio x731 socketed discrete op-amp.
Packed With Performance
The WA12 MKII is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifi er designed for
high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise, and an exciting sonic performance – great for all types of
recording applications. A high quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve the
elusive ‘larger than life’ sound, and the WA12 MKII is more than capable of delivering.
The WA12 MKII is based around the x731, our own reproduction of the vintage Melcor 1731 discrete
op-amp. It’s considered by many to be the warmer predecessor to the cleaner 2520-style op-amp. The x731
can achieve vibrant, clean and lifelike tones, but can also be driven into mild saturation at higher gain levels.
The WA12 MKII can also accept any socketed op-amp on the market which conforms to the standard +/-16v,
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers
- 71dB of gain, fully discrete signal path
- Utilizes a discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp. Can be replaced with other 6-pin “2520
- foot-print” opamps for varying tone/fl avor
- TONE button – switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both
- the mic and HI-Z inputs
- 2 meg ohm true HI-Z input on front panel which sends instrument signal through entire circuit including
- both CineMag USA Transformers and the discrete opamp.
- Mic level balanced input: XLR
- Balanced outputs: XLR and ¼”/TRS
- 48 volt phantom power
- Output attenuation control (after the CineMag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and
- transformers into saturation
- LED meter gain indication
- 20dB pad
- External power plug
- 1- year warranty