Pro Tools is the industry-standard software production platform; however, if you want to use what major recording studios and broadcast-grade video post-production houses are using, you need to step to Pro Tools | HD. In addition to the standard Pro Tools features, you get 256 audio tracks, as well as 7.1 surround sound support, access to exclusive plug-ins such as HEAT, advanced editing functions, superior delay compensation, and expanded video implementation. In addition to that, you get support for advanced S6 features like waveform views, breakpoint automation views, and higher-level automation features. Pro Tools | HD is the most state-of-the-art professional recording system on the planet.
- Ultra-flexible recording, editing, and mixing environment
- Create with an amazing collection of powerful 64-bit AAX plug-ins
- Integrated mixing and editing power that goes way deeper than plug-ins
- Loaded with the quality tools you need for in-the-box music creation
- Music production, broadcast, video post, and beyond
- Connect and collaborate with other musicians and audio pros
- Boost your productivity with clip-based effects
- In-the-box dubber workflows (HDX only)
Create with an amazing collection of powerful 64-bit AAX plug-ins
The Space convolution reverb plug-in (a $499 value) and 16 brand-new stompbox effect plug-ins inspired by Eleven Rack are now included in all active Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plans as well as subscription licenses. Add grit, space, modulation, and overdrive to your tracks with this bundle of stompbox-type effects from the Pro Tools | Eleven Rack amp/cabinet hardware product. This new collection of 64-bit AAX Native, AAX DSP, and AAX AudioSuite plug-ins is modeled after the circuitry and design of many classic and popular analog guitar stompboxes and effects - from EQ and compressor to reverb, delay, modulation, and distortion effects. In addition to the 16 Eleven stompbox effects and Space, Pro Tools | HD customers also get all five Avid Pro Series plug-ins: Pro Compressor, Pro Expander, Pro Limiter, Pro Multiband Dynamics, and Pro Subharmonic. Also included is the Eleven amp/cabinet simulator plug-in, ReVibe II (a powerful room-modeling plug-in), and Reverb One.
Integrated mixing and editing power that goes way deeper than plug-ins
As wonderful as AAX plug-ins are, they only scratch the surface of what Pro Tools | HD has to offer. Much of its real production power is built into the environment itself. Flexible functions such as Avid's multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio let you fix timing issues across your entire mix. Automatic delay compensation ensures that your mix remains intact, even when you pile on the plug-ins. What's more, AAX plug-ins allow you to take projects back and forth between your Pro Tools | HD system and standard Pro Tools | HD systems, so collaborating with smaller studios is easy. Track compositing functions also let you quickly merge multiple takes into a single flawless performance. Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces lets you take total command of Pro Tools | HD beyond the capabilities of HUI-based controllers. And thanks to Pro Tools | HD's faster-than-real-time offline bounce functions, mixing down stems and freeing up processor power is extremely simple.
Loaded with the quality tools you need for in-the-box music creation
As comprehensive as Pro Tools | HD is for recording and editing audio, it's also the weapon of choice for music composers and electronic musicians. Not only does Pro Tools | HD include a full lineup of great virtual instruments, but it also gives you the environment and tools you need to get the most out of them. If you're a traditional composer, you'll love how easy it is to import your scores or create new compositions in Pro Tools | HD's versatile score editor. And if you're into modern MIDI production, Pro Tools | HD's massive collection of MIDI tools will absolutely blow your mind!
Music production, broadcast, video post, and beyond
The power of Pro Tools | HD extends far beyond the realm of music production, making it a favorite for video post and broadcast professionals around the world. With software-spanning interchange options such as OMF/AAF/MXF interchange, Clip Gain metadata support, and a Unified Video Engine that can play most common HD video formats without the need for transcoding, integrating your Pro Tools | HD rig with Avid Media Composer is a snap.
Connect and collaborate with other musicians and audio pros
With Avid Cloud Collaboration, you can connect and collaborate with other musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers, giving you access to the right tools, workflows, and connections you need to make your work stand apart from the crowd. It doesn't matter where you and your collaborators are - it's like working together in the same studio! On top of that, the Avid Marketplace and Artist Community connect you with the largest network of media professionals to help you share, promote, and sell your work.
Boost your productivity with clip-based effects
Apply nondestructive EQ, filtering, and dynamics processing to a clip without affecting the entire track - in real time! Select a single clip or group of clips on your timeline and tweak them to perfection using Avid's powerful Channel Strip plug-in (based on the Euphonix System 5 console). With clip-based effects, you can create more consistency when working with multiple clips of related audio without resorting to rendered AudioSuite processing. Post-production engineers will quickly find this function indispensable when they're working with dialogue or voice-overs.
In-the-box dubber workflows (HDX only)
Use Pro Tools | HDX in any punch mode (Quick punch, Track punch, or Destructive punch), and it will now calibrate and time-align your stems, eliminating latency and audio artifacts when punching in and out of cascaded tracks. This affects both the actual recording and what you hear in real time. Now you can achieve click-free sound, completing all single-system post re-recorder workflows in the box!
- Industry-standard digital audio workstation (DAW) software for Mac and PC
- 64-bit architecture unlocks serious processing power and massive session handling
- Powerful audio engine provides superior memory management
- Faster-than-real-time bounce to disk streamlines your workflow and frees up resources
- Unified Media Engine natively supports multiple HD video formats
- Smooth collaboration with Avid Media Composer and other media-production workflows
- Workspace Browser makes project navigation extremely fast and incredibly simple
- Simple keyboard commands let you quickly disable and enable sends and inserts
- Capture automation while recording audio
- Utilize up to 256 tracks at 44.1/48kHz and up to 192 channels of simultaneous I/O
- Take advantage of over 60 bundled 64-bit plug-in processors, effects, and virtual instruments
- Automatic delay compensation provides tight mixing with minimal phase issues
- Multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio let you correct timing across all your tracks
- Score Editor and MIDI Editor provide comprehensive composing capabilities
- Mix various audio file types and formats in a single session without format conversion
- Create flawless performances using simple track compositing functions
- Clip Gain provides dynamic volume flexibility and increases integration with Media Composer
- Mute and Solo visual indicators and Bus Interrogation provide a clear view of signal flow
- Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces
- Low-latency monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO hardware delivers smoother tracking
- Read/record from flash drives, RAID systems, network-attached drives, and server storage
- Functions such as Export Selected Tracks as New Session make collaboration easy
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support included
- Export support for MP3 files, iTunes, and SoundCloud also included
- Full time code support with feet and frames rulers and 24-hour timeline support
- Avid Cloud Collaboration and the Avid Marketplace let you connect and collaborate
- Apply nondestructive EQ, filtering, and dynamics processing with clip-based effects
- Use Pro Tools | HDX in any punch mode, and it will calibrate and time-align your stems
- Mix in everything from mono to 7.1 surround sound
- iLok 2 required, not included