TWO MONITORS IN ONE!
The Focal Trio6 Be is essentially a three-way speaker with a 1” tweeter, a 5” woofer, and an 8” subwoofer. Yet, switching to FOCUS mode reconfigures Trio6 Be in two-way monitor.
The Trio6 Be was designed to meet the standards of the most demanding engineers. This dual monitor is the new reference in its price range owing to its extreme neutrality, its precise stereophonic imaging, and its ability to resolve the most minute sonic details, while its Class G amplifiers deliver SPL levels to suit all musical styles.
1” tweeter, a 5” woofer, and an 8” subwoofer
When utilized to its full potential, the Beryllium tweeter reaches up to 40kHz and the 8” subwoofer extends low frequencies down to 35 Hz. This offers engineers complete control of the audio signal.
The 8” W composite sandwich cone subwoofer is complemented by its large port integrated into the front baffle, making it easy to position the monitor near the front wall without saturating the ports and maintaining excellent low-frequency linearity. Its large front port guaranties consistent performance regardless of SPL levels. It also allows a positioning closed to a wall without wall boost effect, allowing an easy integration even in small rooms.
The 5” W composite sandwich cone woofer is installed in an isolated chamber within the cabinet that prevents the sympathetic activation of its other speakers while optimizing its acoustic performance. Two front-facing ports provide bass reflex, enabling the woofer to perform identically in both two-way (90 Hz – 2.5 kHz) and three-way (250 Hz – 2.5 kHz) configurations.
The 1” pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter provides numerous advantages, including wide dispersion, amazing frequency response linearity, quick dynamics, and unrivaled impulse response.
1” tweeter, a 5” woofer
Trio6 Be - 2 voices as a two-way speaker, Trio6 Be employs only the 5” woofer and the tweeter, limiting frequencies to between 90 Hz and 20 kHz. This configuration provides the perfect compromise when checking the quality of the mix for playback systems with limited frequency response, such as TVs, PCs, cars, and portable speaker systems. The frequency response curve of the two-way configuration is identical, though less extended, to its three-way curve, allowing for a perfect comparison that preserves the stereo image. Focusing on this critical middle frequency range facilitates a good mix and enables the engineer to ensure that the levels are just right. A footswitch (not included) activates this configuration remotely from the listening position.
A ¼” input jack on the rear panel receives the trigger signal from a remote pedal, while a ¼” output sends a link to the input on a paired monitor. Most single-button guitar amplifier foot-switches are compatible.
Trio6 Be may be used vertically or horizontally to optimize positioning thanks to an adjustable aluminum baffle housing the woofer and tweeter.
This rotating baffle is capable of rotating 360° in 90° increments, making it one of the most versatile speakers to position.
- Two monitors in one with remote switching: a quick and effective way to compare the mix translated to a compromised speaker system
- Wide uncompromised dynamics, linearity, and wide dispersion produced by Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: state-of-the-art speaker design and material
- Neutral, distortion-free sound thank to W composite sandwich cone
- Rotating baffle: facilitates both horizontal and vertical setups
- Simplified room integration, thank to LF and HF shelving, 160 Hz EQ
- High SPL accommodates all musical styles (115 dB peak @ 1 m)
- FOCUS mode (two-way or three-way configuration): Remote pedal (not supplied)
- Low and high frequencies & 160 Hz notch adjusting: three control knobs
- Length:14.4 in
- Width:10.9 in
- Height: 20.5 in
- Unit Weight: 44 lb
- Active or Passive: Active
- Driver Sizes: Sub: 8" Focal driver with W composite sandwich cone / Woofer: 5" Focal driver with W composite sandwich cone / Tweeter: 1" Focal pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Number of Speakers: Single
- Input Connectors: Analog XLR
- Amp Wattage: Sub: 200 W Class G / Woofer: 150 W Class G / Tweeter: 100 W Class AB
- Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Frequency Range: 3-way mode: 35 Hz - 40 kHz ±3 dB / 2-way mode (Focus): 90 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3 dB
- Max. SPL: 3-way mode: 115 dB SPL peak @ 1 m / 2-way mode (Focus) 105 dB SPL peak @ 1 m