Why is the X1 such a classy mic? Mainly because its large diaphragm, gold-sputtered capsule is hand-crafted and hand-tuned by skilled technicians in our own factory. This is highly unusual for mics at this price, and is a great point of pride for us.
This capsule is the true heart of the X1. Since our capsules are custom-made in-house (you can read more about that here), we are able to coax the very highest levels of performance out of our microphones.
Surrounding the all-important electronics is a sturdy all-metal chassis - no plastic here.
The sE X1 is also equipped with a 10dB pad and a low-cut bass filter, providing essential tools for recording a variety of sources in any environment.
The X1 comes standard with a mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand, but if you're interested in some other options, you can read about the X1's accessories and bundles below.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 32mm Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 125/135 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Self Noise: 16 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 200 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 460g / 16.23oz