We all know what incredible tools Digital Audio Workstations are. But have you ever noticed that some of the finer points of your music get lost in the final step? So have we. When you mix digitally in your PC, you can lose information and sound quality.
That's why we created the Dangerous 2-BUS LT: the analog summing mixer designed specifically for the digital audio environment. 16 channels in, 2 channels out -- one great sounding mix.
- Analog summing for under $1,500
- Fully linkable with 2-BUS and 2-BUS LT
- Cost-effective alternative to the Dangerous 2-BUS
The 2-BUS LT is a 16x2 summing amplifier designed to help users of digital audio workstations (DAW's) better mix performance through the use of the existing equipment in their studios. As engineers and musicians, the Dangerous team and their colleagues have noted that while digital audio workstations offer unprecedented flexibility in multitrack recording and editing, the resulting mix from these systems generally doesn't equal those of high-end analog recording consoles in terms of sound quality and preservation of spatial detail.
Dangerous Music's 2-BUS LT allows the full potential of your digital audio workstation to be realized -- audibly. It sums 16 channels of audio to a stereo pair in a high quality analog environment while occupying only one rack space. Available in our standard finish, or flying the DigiDesign(r) colors, shown here.
The 2-BUS LT delivers quality you would expect from a full-scale analog console, but from a compact unit that was specifically designed for the home, project, and professional digital studio.
- Frequency response: 1 Hz-100 kHz within 0.3 dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.006% in audio band
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.007% IMD60 4:1
- Crosstalk @ 1 kHz: -92 dB
- Noise floor: -81 dBu total energy in audio band
- Max level: +24 dBu
- Nominal operating level: +4 dBu
- Input impedance: 25 kohm balanced
- Output impedance: 50 ohms balanced (600 ohm drive capable)
- Gain accuracy: +/- .25 dB
- Power consumption: 25 watts
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians.