The Pultec EQM-1S3 two-band mastering equalizer, a rare variant of the legendary EQP-1A equalizer, can give your tracks the massive bass, silky highs, and addictive warmth that made the original a studio standard. Pulse Techniques is back, building their classic EQs right here in the USA, without compromise or "enhancement" to the original designs. New Pultecs like the EQM-1S3 contain only original-spec components and are dead ringers for their vintage ancestors. It may sound like magic but it's been time-tested and proven - the Pultec EQM-1S3 mastering equalizer can make any track sound better.
- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- Precise stepped controls for accurate recall
- More selectable frequencies than the Pultec EQM-1A3
Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
Magical tools revered for their ability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalizers are the stuff of legend. You've heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny - if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software "re-creations" over the years. Well, now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the real deal: a genuine, made-in-America Pultec EQ.
Precise stepped controls for accurate recall
When you're mastering with outboard gear, it's crucial to be able to accurately recall settings. The EQM-1S3 mastering equalizer sports 21-position stepped switches for its boost/attenuation controls. The tapers have been engineered to give you a maximum of 10dB of boost/cut, with .5dB step increments. So when you need to recall exact settings, the EQM-1S3 makes it easy and precise.
More selectable frequencies than the Pultec EQM-1A3
What's different on the EQM-1S3 compared to its brother, the EQM-1A3? There are more selectable frequencies on the high-band of the EQM-1S3, for starters. The equalization curves are also a bit different, and the low-band of the EQM-1S3 sports different frequencies than its brethren, giving you a different flavor while maintaining all that Pultec mojo.
- Single-channel, two-band equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- 21-position stepped switches make setting recall easy
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you're sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide some extra creative potential