- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- Boost, cut, or both - it all sounds great
Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
Magical tools revered for their ability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalizers like the EQP-1A3 are the stuff of legend. You've heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny - if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software "re-creations" over the years. Well, now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the EQP-1A3: a genuine, made-in-America Pultec EQ.
Boost, cut, or both - it all sounds great
Take a look at the Pultec EQP-1A3 and you'll see it's not designed like your typical equalizer. The two-band design basically gives you flexible low shelving, along with broad-bandwidth midrange peak control. Because the boost and attenuate controls work independently you can use an old trick to add weight to the bass region while also notching a bit above the cutoff point, by boosting and attenuating at the same time (try it on kick drum and you'll never look back). On the high-frequency side, you can set separate ranges for the boost and attenuation. Said another way, you can boost at 12kHz and cut at 5k, adding "air" to a track without increasing presence.
- Single-channel, two-band equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you're sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide some extra creative potential