For years the top mastering engineers at the hottest facilities have been using custom-designed gear that was not available to the rest of us…until now. The Dangerous MASTER represents the latest generation of the legendary Sterling Sound/Chris Muth mastering transfer consoles. Working side-by side over several decades with many of the best mastering engineers in the business, Chris and the equipment designed in this unique collaborative environment have set the standard for the form, function and sonic performance of the modern mastering setup.
Unparalleled fidelity, detail and imagingPristine, uncolored signal path100% Analog sum-and-difference processingStepped controls throughoutIntegrates seamlessly with the Dangerous MONITORThe Dangerous MASTER is the no-compromise heart of the mastering studio. Its transparent circuitry seamlessly integrates the power of analog signal processing by allowing easy insertion of equalizers, compressor/limiters and de-essers. 100% stepped switching provides accurate and repeatable level control as well as easy pre-post monitoring with level matching through the Input monitor Offset feature. The S&M mid-side processing loop allows unprecedented control of the stereo image.
The integrated Input monitor Offset allows you to focus on the sound of your master without being fooled by the pre- and post-process level differences.
The S&M matrix is an analog sum and difference processor affording unprecedented control of stereo signals. Mastering engineers will enjoy the fact that S&M allows them to save seemingly unsalvageable tracks by altering vocal levels without touching the mix, by fixing overly wide or narrow stereo fields, or by de-essing aggressive cymbal hits while leaving the center lead untouched.
Dangerous MASTER, combined with the Dangerous MONITOR and your favorite processing gear, will provide you with what you need to turn any mix into a professional master.
As with all Dangerous Music equipment, the Dangerous MASTER is designed by engineers, for engineers, and built by hand using the highest quality components.
- The centerpiece of your mastering rig.
- Dangerous has an unparalleled legacy of designing custom gear for top engineers and premier facilities around the world.
- Equip your mastering room with the same gear used on platinum hits.
- Transparent, yet musical signal path will translate across every playback system.
- Flexible gain-staging for accurate before and after comparisons.
- M/S processing for tricks like compressing the center (vocals, bass, snare, kick) and not collapsing the stereo image.
- Expandable by adding the Liaison (not included).
- All connections are Balanced XLR, +4dBu nominal operating level
- 2 stereo inputs
- 3 stereo outputs (one for monitoring)
- 3 insert loops
- 2nd insert capable of MS matrix operation
- Input and Output controls: +/ - 5dB in 0.5dB steps
- Input Monitor Offset: -2 to +8dB in 0.5dB steps
- Width control: -4 to +6dB in 0.5dB steps
- Frequency response: Better than 0.2dB down @ 1Hz and 100kHz
- Noise floor: < -89dBu total energy in the audio band