The Nicerizer Jr is our beloved 16 channel Class A discrete summing mixer :
Hi-Fi Transformerless Balanced Buffer Input Stage
Our exclusive electronically-balanced Class A discrete transformerless balanced buffer input circuit (one for each of the 16 channels) delivers fast transients and the full frequency spectrum (from sub-bass to the highest air band), while still delivering the full, warm and smooth characteristics that make engineers love our sound. The +8db switch allows the user to ‘hit the input’ buffer amp harder delivering a more saturated and fuller sound with extended bass.
Boldly outperforming transformer-based designs in both the frequency response and slew rate, the Nicerizer delivers articulate, punchy and full-bodied input signals, allowing you to drive the output stage for a vast range of pure Class-A tones—from bold clarity to vintage warmth, and everything in-between. The ability to bring to life cold digital mixes, into a broader pallette of colour, the Nicerizer is never subtle but also never overpowering with the flexibility to work excellently on all types of music from classical through pop & r&b to heavy rock, ther Nicerizer can deliver analogue colour to all your mixes.
Legendary Transformer-Balanced Output Stage
Our custom-wound DB694 output transformer is coupled to Phoenix's proprietary, fully discrete DSOP-2 output amplifier. The DSOP-2 is a direct descendent of the venerable TF1 amp which Phoenix's head-designer, David Rees, developed as an upgrade for vintage Neve modules. Going beyond the TF1, the DSOP2 is the pinnacle of Class-A output circuit design, offering up a smooth transition from ultra-clean to beautifully saturated tones.
- The Nicerizer Junior is based on the Nicerizer 16 Mk2
- 2U 19″ rack mountable
- Class A Discrete Line Input Technology
- 16 Channels
- Custom transformers on outputs
- 4 x Balanced XLR’s outputs
- Class A characteristics
- 16 x Detented Pan pots
- 16 channels of our Class A, discrete, truly balanced transformerless input stage.
- Our proven and loved Class A, discrete, custom transformer balanced output stage (DSOP-2).
- Individual pan control for each channel with detented/stepped pots for extra control (16 x Pan pots)
- 16 x Balanced Input via D-sub inputs, wired as Tascam DA88 standard. Can accept balanced or unbalanced input with no -6dB loss.
- 4 x XLR balanced outputs with custom transformers on every output.
- +8dB Boost button on each channel.
- Two Master mix bus output level controls.
- Switchable for each channel and Main Output
- Main Outputs on Balanced XLR’s
- Maximum Output Level of +26dB.
- Huge headroom available on all channels.
- All units are wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable.