The Peluso R 14 Ribbon Microphone is a passive ribbon microphone. Our R-14 employs a thin corrugated aluminum ribbon tensioned between two rare earth neodymium magnets. It uses the long-ribbon geometry of classic ribbon microphones of the 1930s. The R 14 sound is rich, warm, and silky smooth with generous low end, and is known to take EQ very nicely. The natural sound of the R 14 Ribbon Microphone is the perfect complement to the condensers in your microphone collection.
Remember never blow into a ribbon microphone!
The microphone comes as a complete system including: R 14 Microphone in a Wood Box, and a Shock Mount.
- Type: Ribbon-Velocity Studio Microphone
- Operating Principle: Electrodynamic Pressure Gradient
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Range: 30Hz/16KHz
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8 (Bi-Directional)
- Sensitivity: > -52 dBV re: 1v/pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 149 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 0 dB(A)
- Power Requirements: None required or recommended
- Size: 36mm x 176 mm
- Weight: 496g