The Slate Raven MTi2 is a state of the art 27” Multi-Touch Production Console featuring a state of the art multi-touch panel and the powerful new RAVEN 3.0 Control Software. Using the RAVEN MTi2, users have access to multi-touch faders, pans, sends, and tweak plugins with their fingers as if they were real hardware. The RAVEN 3.0 Control Software also features a user-customizable multifunction TOOLBAR and the award winning BATCH COMMAND SYSTEM, a powerful automated task application that will save audio engineers hours per day by cutting out tedious technical tasks.
With the introduction of RAVEN 3.0, Slate has taken the already game-changing RAVEN software to a new level by adding compatibility with EVERY MAJOR DAW.
RAVEN 3.0 now adds customized multi-touch control of Ableton Live, Cubase/Nuendo, Digital Performer, Logic Pro X, Protools 10-12, and Studio One V3 on Mac as well as our first PC compatibility for Protools 10-12. The 3.0 update demonstrates exactly why the RAVEN is so groundbreaking: through real time interaction we have the ability to code our way to any fix or enhancement, and RAVEN has continued to evolve.
The RAVEN Toolbar
In Toolbar mode, the RAVEN Toolbar is anchored directly in front of your hands at the base of the touch display. Your DAW controls are where you want them: Transport, Edit/Mix window selector – convenient tools for tracking too, like Record Looping, Click, Create Group, and Undo. Use intuitive multi-touch gestures on the RAVEN NAVPAD to perform Scrub/Shuttle, Waveform Zoom, Track Zoom, and Track Banking, and RAVEN Batch Commands. Best of all, because the RAVEN Toolbar is virtual, it’s user-customizable – put the controls you want where you want them.
The Batch Command System
The RAVEN Batch Command System is a true revolution in control. The BCS is a series of preset and customizable buttons that can execute up to 1,000 key commands and mouse clicks automatically. With just one button, BCS allows you to create instant headphone sends, name tracks, put entire drum tracks on the grid, export stems, and so much more! The BCS comes pre-programmed with 100 preset batch commands in every DAW we support, with layouts for Music, Mastering, Post Production and more.
Record your own mouse click automation or program user commands with our QUICKLIST, which features hundreds of predefined DAW operations. Just touch and hold on a Batch Command button to edit, and you’ll have access to almost limitless possibilities. With the Batch Command system you’ll get it all done faster and smarter.
Slate Remote revolutionizes your workflow in ways you must experience to believe. Slate Remote is a free app for iOS users, available at the app store to anyone with a Raven MTi2. Slate Remote automatically synchronizes with your Raven session via wifi network and gives you access to your custom batch Commands, allowing it to remotely perform time-saving tasks for you from the palm of your hand.
FADERS 3.0 are multi-touch faders that allow the most precise control of your DAW faders. By integrating multi-touch 100mm virtual faders directly into each DAW, the engineer has seamless control over mix levels and automation. The new 3.0 algorithm gives the faders a virtual ‘feel’ that allows an intuitive feeling action that is comfortable and even fun to use. And for the most critical automation, FINE FADER mode can quadruple the resolution of the faders so you can get even the most minute moves down in the first pass with ease and perfection.
- iLok2 Required
- State-of-the-art 27″ multi-touch display HD resolution of 1920×1080
- Completely LED backlit to consume less power and emits less EMI
- Six-touch display allows various multitouch features like fader control and more instant integration with most major DAWs
- Gives you hands-on control of all your DAWs parameters as well as acts as your computer’s main touch-capable display
- Flexible and user-customizable, multifunction TOOLBAR
- It is also “Plug-and-Play” compatible, by communicating with your computer using a standard HDMI or DVI cable and a USB 2.0 connection
- RAVEN is currently compatible with MAC OSX and will be PC compatible soon
- Pro Tools 10, 11 and 12
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live 9
- Cubase 8
- Nuendo 7
- Studio One 3
- Digital Performer 8 and 9
- Screen: 27", LED backlit IPS, 6-touch multi-touch display HD resolution-1920 x 1080
- Initially supports Pro Tools 10, 11 and Logic Pro X
- Compatibility for all major DAWs coming shortly.
PLEASE NOTE: RAVEN Hardware comes with your choice of one supported DAW.
Required for Use
- Computer with USB 2.0 connection
- Standard DVI cable
- Uses industry-standard Ney-Fi protocol
- No Ethernet or MIDI Required
Note: PC-compatibility will be available in a future release. Compatibility with Cubase/Nuendo and Live DAWs is coming soon.
Minimum Mac Mini/MacBook Pro Requirements
- i5 Processor or Greater
- Intel HD 4000 Graphics Card (512MB VRAM)
- 4GB RAM
- Minimum Mac Pro Requirements:
- OS X 10.7 (Lion,) 10.8 (Mountain Lion,) 10.9 (Mavericks.)
- 2.5Ghz Xeon Processor
- Intel HD 4000 Graphics Card (512MB VRAM)
- 4GB RAM
Note: Quality of your graphics card is very critical to the quality of your RAVEN's performance.
The Raven MTi ships with an outboard power supply. Should the user need to replace it, specs are as follows:
- 12 volt 3.3 amp
- 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel connector, center pin positive.
- The DigiKey part number of the supply that is currently shipping is 160-2078-ND