Over the past three decades, the entire recording studio ecosystem has shifted from a tactile analog environment to a virtual digital environment which rests upon a computer screen.
In 2012, Slate Media Technology realized that in order to get the most immersive studio workflow, no better solution existed than to turn the screen into a world-class control surface. So we created the RAVEN, a multi-touch monitor that integrates seamlessly with digital audio workstation software.
RAVENs are now found in top studios around the globe, including those of Snoop, Will.i.am, Steve Aoki, Mark Needham, Dolly Parton, and many more. The original large-format RAVEN, the MTX, had a price tag of $16,000.
Now in 2019, we’re proud to announce the next evolution of the large format professional RAVEN Series, the RAVEN MTZ – available for order at just $2,999!
The MTZ boasts a 43″ projective capacitance no-bezel panel with TEN ultra-accurate multi-touch points. With a depth of only 1.5″, the MTZ is sleek, ergonomic, and the ultimate solution for the modern professional studio.
We are proud to announce that the first RAVEN MTZ will be installed in the world-famous NRG Recording Studios Mix Room C, where it will replace an older large-format analog console.
The MTZ will have multiple desk options made by top manufacturers such as Zaor, Argosy, Sterling Modular, and more.
- Type:Multi-touch Control Surface
- Screen:43" Backlit LED, 16:9 Aspect Ratio, 1920 x 1080
- Controls:GESTURES multi-touch function
- Computer Connectivity:1 x DVI-I, 1 x HDMI
- USB:1 x Type A
- Other I/O:1 x VGA
- Hardware Requirements - Mac:Intel Core i5 or higher (MacBook/Mini), Intel Xeon 2.5GHz or higher (MacPro), 4GB RAM minimum, iLok2 or later
- Hardware Requirements - PC:2.3GHz Multi-core / Intel i5 Processor or higher, 4GB RAM or more, iLok2 or later
- OS Requirements - Mac:OS X 10.8.5 or later
- OS Requirements - PC:Windows 10 or later