Descripción del Producto
- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- Boost, cut, or both - it all sounds great
- More selectable frequencies than the Pultec EQP-1A3
- Single-channel, 2-band EQ built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with reliable, modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you're sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide extra creative potential
Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
Magical tools revered for their ability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalizers like the EQP-1S are the stuff of legend. You've heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny - if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software re-creations over the years. Well now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the EQP-1S: a genuine, made-in-America Pultec EQ.
Boost, cut, or both - it all sounds great
Take a look at the Pultec EQP-1S, and you'll see it's not designed like your typical equalizer. The 2-band design basically gives you flexible low shelving, along with broad-bandwidth midrange peak control. Because the boost and attenuate controls work independently, you can use an old trick to add weight to the bass region while also notching a bit above the cutoff point, by boosting and attenuating at the same time (try it on your kick drum and you'll never look back). On the high-frequency side, you can set separate ranges for the boost and attenuation. Said another way, you can boost at 12kHz and cut at 5kHz, adding air to a track without increasing presence.
More selectable frequencies than the Pultec EQP-1A3
What's different on the EQP-1S (and EQP-1S3), as compared with the original Pultec design, the EQP-1A3? Well, there are more selectable frequencies on the high band of the EQP-1S, which ranges up to 12kHz (instead of 16k). In general, the equalization curves are also a bit different, and Pultec added shelving 5 and 10kHz settings. And the low band of the EQP-1S sports different frequencies than the EQP-1A3, giving you a slightly different flavor and a bit more flexibility, while maintaining that coveted Pultec sonic signature.
Detalles del Producto
- Marca: Pultec Pulse Techniques