Still Waters Run Deep.
The Bricasti M28 monoblock amplifier is an exceptionally pure and precisely controlled reservoir of current. The expression of craft wrought in this deep pool effortlessly provides the massive current required to grab onto and control any speaker through the most demanding of musical passages. The sought after listening experience that is so elusive is immediately evident. The M28 is conservatively rated at 200 watts into an 8 ohm load. Ruler flat response and vanishing distortion, of course. Fast, articulate, distortion free low frequency performance, even at the speaker's resonant peak, perhaps unanticipated.
Gain, Set, Match.
A balanced differential structure minimizes the stress across each of the M28 amplifier's internal elements. Pairing the M28 with the balanced structure of the Bricasti M1 digital to analog converter forms a balanced differential signal flow from source to speaker. This unique pairing forms an optimized engineered system that announces a natural yet rarely heard sonic ease. For added flexibility the M28 offers 18 dB of stepped attenuated gain adjustment to enable proper level matching with any audio source or listening space. An RS232 link conveys status information for monitoring a number of system functions.
A harmony of concept and function, the M28 amplifier exhibits the precision and beauty of a thoroughly engineered system. The milled aluminum chassis is carved to exacting tolerances. Each electronic element mates to a purpose built location within the chassis. Thoughtful use of mass and passive ventilation assure the uniform distribution of heat and a cool touch under any load. Performance criteria is assured through both electronic and thermal design as well as an extensive analysis of each completed system.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: THD+N less than 0.005% 20hz-20kHz at full rated power into 8, 4 and 2 ohms.
- Power: 200W into 8 ohms, 400W into 4 ohms, 400W into 2 ohms.
- Frequency response: 10hz-150kHz, within 0.5db.
- Signal to Noise: greater than 85db at full rated.
- Power Topology: Fully Differential, bi polar.
- Balanced Input: XLR connector 200k ohm impedance.
- Unbalanced Input: RCA connector 100k ohm impedance.
- Weight: 85 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 100 lbs.
- Finish: Anodized Aluminum.
- Mains Voltage set at factory: 100, 120, 220, 230, 240 VAC, 50 Hz - 60 Hz.
- Trigger In: TRS connector for 5V external trigger.
- Input Trim: 0db, -6db, -12db,-18db of attenuation.
- Power consumption: 60W standby, 2W idle.