- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- API 2520 op-amp for a different flavor of Pultec EQ
- A time-proven solution for your mix's crucial midrange
Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
Magical tools revered for their ability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalizers like the MEQ-5-SS are the stuff of legend. You've heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny - if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software "re-creations" over the years. Well, now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the MEQ-5-SS: a genuine, made-in-America Pultec EQ.
API 2520 op-amp for a different flavor of Pultec EQ
While every other aspect is the same as original Pultecs, the MEQ-5-SS employs the legendary API 2520 op-amp for its makeup gain stage instead of the traditional tubes. Many would say this gives the MEQ-5-SS a less-colored sound than the tube-based version, while retaining the exceptional musicality and richness Pultec EQs are loved for.
A time-proven solution for your mix's crucial midrange
Long story short, a detailed, vibrant, rich midrange is what separates world-class mixes from the rest. It's where most of the sonic excitement of your mix lives, and the MEQ-5-SS gives you two bands of boost and one attenuation band to shape it just right. The sound is amazing, and with a little experimentation you'll be enhancing vocal intelligibility and beefing up guitars with incredibly musical results.
- Single-channel, 3-band midrange equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- API 2520 op-amp for makeup gain is a distinct sonic alternative than the tube-based version
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Fantastic EQ for guitars, vocals, woodwinds, and other midrange-rich material
- Separate boost and cut bands provide surprising creative potential