The world’s favorite mic pre/EQ produced to the original 1970-issue specifications with matching components and modern features for uncompromised sound quality
Since 1970, the Neve 1073 has been one of the most acclaimed preamps and EQs in the recording industry. The legendary sound has been the secret ingredient to some of the top recordings over the last 40 years, all due to its big and punchy sound that compliments any genre of music - from rap to rock to classical. Designed and built in England, the Neve 1073SPX offers the same sonic qualities as the classic Neve 1073, and is produced with the exact same specifications and matched components.
The 1073SPX features a Neve 1073 class A design microphone preamp and the classic three-band EQ, which includes a fixed high-frequency shelf, two selectable bands with boost and cut capabilities, as well as a high pass filter.
The 1073SPX now has expanded features to better fit with today’s recording industry standards. The front panel now includes an integrated DI input, insert that offers true bypass, input and output level meters, and an additional input connector that accepts microphone or line level for easy and direct connection.
The 19” rack-mount 1U unit includes an external multi-voltage PSU and an optional Digital I/O module is available.
- Genuine Neve 1073 transformer-coupled microphone preamplifier/EQ circuit, in a single 1U 19" rack mount enclosure
- Exclusive Neve Marinair transformers used on input and output stages
- Convenient connections for Mic, Line & DI inputs on front of unit, with switchable mic/line input connections on the rear of the unit
- Switchable +48 V Phantom Power, Hi/Lo impedance, -20 dB pad and DI ground lift on the input stage
- Switchable Phase, and EQ in/out
- Insert Send and Return loop feature allows external equipment to be connected easily to the 1073DPX audio chain, such as mono/stereo limiter/compressors;
- Pre-EQ insert send/return - a line level send is available from the mic - pre amp output stage and a return just before the EQ stage
- Post-EQ insert send/return - a line level output send is available from the post EQ stage and a return just before the main output stage
- Output level control
- External multi-voltage PSU
- Optional Digital I/O module