With dozens of Ocean Way RM1 mics now in use for symphonic recording and vocals, the Ocean Way Audio RM1-B is a reimagined, no-compromise bi-directional ribbon mic with unprecedented low noise and true high-fidelity tone. A variety of refinements make it easier to use and sonically prettier, especially in the upper octave.
- Greatest magnetic force ever available in a ribbon mic
- High intensity NeO-powered magnet super-circuit delivers 6 dB more level
- Super-audiophile 1st stage preamp with all discrete circuit
- Output level comparable to quietest condenser mics
- Completely natural unaffected sound with full bandwidth in both directions
- Ultra-low noise phantom-powered pre-amplification with out level of 36 dB, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Redesigned outer perimeter "clad" in archival stainless steel
- New knurled cylinder knobs provide superior hand-torque
- Laser-etched jet-black lettering against stainless steel
Packaged in waterproof, airtight "Pelican" case for safe transport and storage
- Output: 36bB, 20-20,000Hz
- Materials and Finishes used in the RM1:
- Neodymium permanent magnets (plated and pure-icon conductor-elements whit electro-less nickel-plating.
- Aluminum case and all external hardware: Alloy aluminum, “hard-anodized”.
- All stainless steel fasteners, rod-end bearing, and inner pop/debris filter frame.
- Miscellaneous: Brass. silicon rubber, nylon nylon/spandex fabric, “nautical-grade” elastomeric suspension elements.
- Consumable: Grilles, pop filter with integral stainless steel frame, suspension elements, ribbon diaphragm.
- Warranty: 5 years on all parts and manufacturing. Ribbon warranty 90 days from purchase. RM1 is fully repairable and rebuildable.
- Dimensions: 6”H x 3”W x 2”d.
- Weight 7.5LB (3.4kg)
- Integral cable preamplifier: LR Baggs Preamp requires standard 48v phantom power via XLR connector, draws about 8ma (4ma per side).
- Integral cable assembly: 24’ (0.6m) Gotham GAC3 cable, integral compression strain relief and gold-plated Neurtrik cable-mount XLRM.
- Accessories: ISO1 subsonic-tuned isolation boom-mount (optional), yoke-mount (standard). All with standard 5/8’-27 female mic-stand thread. A Pelican 1300 or an SKB 3i-0907-6b-l 6 case hold and protects the mic for transport.
- Use Note: 12”-18” a good working distance for normal vocal (closer give proximity bass-boost). Excellent for just about any instrument, except near-field kick drum and near-field bass guitar speaker pickup (LF will harm the ribbon).
- Origin: Proudly hand-made in the United States of America.