20kHz Multi-Purpose Instrument & Vocal Microphone
Cardioid condenser microphone with clean, natural on-axis pick up and smooth uncolored off-axis rejection, making it a superb choice for a wide range of applications, including reinforcement and recording of vocals, guitar, drums, piano, horns, strings and woodwinds
- 20kHz frequency response
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Handles up to 139dB SPL without distortion
The Earthworks SR20 is a multi-purpose vocal & instrument microphone designed for live performance and studio recording environments.
The ultimate workhorse microphone, the SR20 is designed to seamlessly transition from tracking vocals in the studio to miking acoustic guitar onstage and everything in between.
The SR20’s near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones.
It handles transients with ease, reproducing every detail no matter how sharp or subtle. Capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 139dB without distortion, the SR20 can handle nearly any instrument.
Featuring a screw-on metal mesh windscreen, the SR20 is a world-class vocal microphone that captures the subtle details of your performance. Its clean on-axis response provides maximum intelligibility of vocals up to 90 degrees off-axis, while rejecting off-axis noise and feedback from ambiance, surrounding instruments and nearby stage monitors thanks to its massive rear rejection.
This performance also makes the SR20 a stellar choice for presentations, press conferences, meeting halls and more. When every word counts, the SR20 will deliver.
Unscrewing the SR20’s windscreen reveals an instrument microphone that is equally at home miking acoustic guitar, brass, woodwinds, drums, guitar amp, and more.
- Will accurately capture a voice with the same precision and quality up to 90 degrees off-axis, providing the same pristine sound quality at the front and side of the microphone
- Up close the SR20 is warm, not boomy, while its unique windscreen assembly eliminates the popping of P’s
- Patented design and uniform polar response provide more gain before feedback than other microphones
- Unscrewing the windscreen of the SR20 allows it to become an instrument mic for piano, guitar, drums, brass, woodwinds and other instruments
- Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- No “smearing” of low-level signals
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω, balanced between pins 2 & 3
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 212mm x x 22mm (8.4 x .860 inches)
238mm x 22mm (with windscreen)
- Weight: .3 lb (135g)
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Bass Amp
- Guitar Amp
- Live Vocals
- Studio Vocals