The TB12 "Tone Beast Black" is a fully discrete, high-voltage microphone preamplifier, utilzing CineMag USA Transformers. Have no fear of hurting the Beast, you can push it very hard into full-on distortion if you wish, and these can sound quite nice on electric guitar, bass or anything else that likes some grit.
The different component options in the TB12 are subtle, but when driven into saturation are noticeable and can make a big difference to the way your final mix will sound. Home-based musicians and professional studios alike will find the Tone Beast Black to be an extremely powerful and fully professional piece of gear that is capable of warming and shaping signals/mixes in a way that is very pleasing to the ear.
- TRANSFORMER SELECTION PROVIDES BOTH STEEL AND 50% NICKEL CINEMAG OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS FOR VARYING CHARACTER
- TRANSFORMER BYPASS SWITCH ALLOWS FOR REMOVAL OF THE OUTPUT TRANSFORMER FROM THE CIRCUIT
- DISCRETE OPAMP SELECTION ALLOWS FOR CHOOSING BETWEEN A 1731(VINTAGE) AND 918(CLEANER) STYLE OPAMP. THESE ARE SOCKETED/SWAPPABLE WITH YOUR CHOICE OF 2520 6 PIN FOOTPRINT OPAMPS
- IMPEDANCE SWITCH LABELED TONE TO SWITCH BETWEEN 150 AND 600 OHMS INPUT IMPEDANCE
- 2 MEG OHM TRUE HI-Z INPUT ON FRONT PANEL SENDS INSTRUMENT SIGNAL THROUGH ENTIRE CIRCUIT INCLUDING BOTH CINEMAG TRANSFORMERS AND THE DISCRETE OPAMPS. GREAT FOR GUITARS, BASS, KEYBOARDS AND OTHER INSTRUMENTS THAT HAVE A 1/4″ OUTPUT JACK
- UTILIZES PREMIUM GRADE CINEMAG USA TRANSFORMERS
- OUTPUT ATTENUATION ALLOWS FOR SATURATION FLEXIBILITY OF BOTH OPAMPS AND TRANSFORMERS
- ¼" INSERT FOR THE USE OF INLINE COMPRESSORS, EQ'S ETC
- BALANCED XLR MIC (FRONT AND BACK), BALANCED TRS LINE, AND ¼" UNBALANCED INSTRUMENT INPUTS
- BALANCED XLR AND TRS OUTPUTS
- SWITCHABLE 115/230 VOLT IEC POWER INLET.
- CAPACITOR SELECTION BETWEEN TANTALUM AND ELECTROLYTIC FOR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS