The WA-251 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern, large condenser microphone, based on the classic ‘251 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-251 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
All Brass Capsule
The WA-12-B-60V is an all-brass, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the smoothness, rich top end, and warm vintage sonics of the original CK12 capsule. The WA-12-B-60V uses a variant CEK-12 back plate as a basis, which overcomes manufacturing limitations of the original CK12 capsule. The o-ring and housing of the WA-12-B-60V are all made from brass (no teflon parts), and the diaphragm is 24k gold sputtered 6 micron, NOS PET film (mylar). The end result is a very consistent, reliable capsule which matches the frequency response and tonality of the classic 1970's classic capsule.
The WA-251 utilizes an American made CineMag USA transformer. This transformer helps provide the present top end and the LARGE bottom end one would hope to get from a 251-style condenser microphone.
The WA-251 proudly uses polystyrene coupling capacitors, wima film capacitors throughout, and an imported Solen French capacitor on its output.
- Microphone Type:Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8
- Diaphragm Size:Large diaphragm
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:132dB SPL
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:80dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:12dB (A weighted)
- Tube:JJ Slovak 12AY7
- Power Source:External Power Supply
- Features:Custom CineMag USA transformer
- Connector:7-pin (mic), XLR (power supply)
- Dimensions:9.72" x 1.81"
- Included Accessories:Power Supply, Shockmount, Gotham Cable, Wood box
- Manufacturer Part Number:WA-251