Though digital technology and software have made great strides in recent years; we still believe that nothing compares to the level of articulation, depth, realism, and responsiveness of a well-built piece of analog gear. When you hear the bottom-end presence and top-end detail of quality analog gear, the difference can be astounding. The cost of most boutique analog equipment is financially out of reach for many recording artists. Our mission is to change this, and introduce as many people as we can to recording and mixing with real, dedicated hardware.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic '2A-style optical compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
Releasing the WA-2A would be for nothing if we couldn’t make it affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio we have strived to give an unprecedented value to our customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything we do, and every product we offer.
- '2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto tube compressor
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- Utilizes USA made Kenetek opto attenuator.
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5
- Fully discrete signal path
- Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hipass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = -74dB
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release
- 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"W